Total seat in BNS: 1355
Open Merit Seats: 566
Foreign Seats: 315
Open Merit Scholarship Seat: 249
Reservation Merit Scholarship Seat: 204
It is informed that 45 percent of the reserved seats will be considered as 100 percent and will be distributed in the percentage of details as provided in sub-rule (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) and (8) of the National Medical Education Regulations, 2077 BS.
(A) Women – 33 percent,
(B) Dalits – 9 percent,
(C) Tribal Tribes – 15 percent,
(D) Khas Arya – 17 percent,
(E) Madhesi – 2 percent,
(F) Tharu – 4 percent,
(G) Muslim – 2 percent,
(H) Persons from backward areas – 4 percent
(I) Persons with Disabilities – 2 percent,
(H) Families of martyrs, families of disappeared persons, families of wounded warriors and conflict victims – 2 percent,
1) Out of the 33 percent seats reserved for women, three percent seats will be reserved for women from the Dalit community and two percent seats will be reserved for women from the Muslim community.
2) Out of the twelve percent seats allotted for the Madhesi community, three percent will be allotted to the persons belonging to the Madhesi Dalit community.
3) In the reserved seat, if there are no candidates from the community school who have passed the examination from class six to secondary level at the end of class ten (SEE), the candidate from the same community who has passed the examination from class six to secondary level from other schools in Nepal will be selected.
(4) If the women of the concerned community are not available in the seats reserved for the women of the Dalit community and the women of the Muslim community, the women of other communities shall be selected in such seats.
(5) If persons of the concerned community are not available in the seat reserved for the Madhesi Dalit community, other persons of the Madhesi community shall be elected in such seats.
(6) When determining the percentage in accordance with this rule, if the digit comes after the decimal, as follows will be done:
(A) Adding one seat to the one who brings the most number of points after the decimal point,
(B) If the number after the decimal is equal, one more seat will be added to the community with the leading candidate in the general qualification order.
For example, when determining the percentage, if it is 5.5 percent for women and 5.2 percent for the disabled, 6 seats will be maintained for women and 4 seats for the disabled. In the case of 5.5 percent for women and 5.5 percent for the disabled, one seat will be added for the community whose name is in the forefront in open merit.