1. Well balanced: It should be developed to control emotion in difficult circumstances. Nurse has to work in different situations, with different people and different types of patients. Nursing is a stressful job and nurse see many traumatic situation, suffering and death. The nurse must have matured behaviour with full control of emotions even under pressure or difficult circumstances.
2. Tactful🙁right things and right time)- sensitive to need and feeling of patients, should deal appropriately with them in any situation. should be able to cope with any kind of difficult situations by applying appropriate judgement.
3. Discipline: means self control or to develop habit of obedience to set rules and regulations set by organization or a system. A nurse must be able to be well disciplined then only she will be able to provide better nursing care without any disturbance or tensions.
4. Creativity: A nurse must be creative to be able to cut with new ideas to provide comfort to the patient. The nurse is always future oriented and flexible.
5. Healthy: The physical, mental and spiritual health will influences everything that the person deals with. If a nurse is not healthy mentally and physically, she does not look pleasant, confidence and energetic. A healthy nurse always look smart, energetic, pleasant and can work properly and confidently.
6. Intelligent, intuition: Having the power of perceiving, learning, understanding and knowing.In nurse is intelligent, she can make quick and right decision regarding patient care. the best nurses use experience, scientific knowledge when assessing patients. intuition in nursing is the immediate understanding of a problem without the necessary of conscious thought.
7. Dedication-a feeling of very strong support for or loyalty to someone or something. Successful nures focus on the needs of their patients and provide the best possible care under any circumstances.
8. Compassion– feeling of deep sympathy and sorrow for another who is stricken by misfortune, accompanied by a strong desire to alleviate the suffering.
9. Competence-Competence indicates sufficiency of knowledge and skills that enable someone to act in a wide variety of situation. Nurse should be competence with knowledge and skill.
10. Communication- communication is central to successful caring relationships and team working. A great nurse has excellent communication skills that includes speaking and listening.
11. Courageous: To be a brave or not to be afraid. Courage is necessary for the nurses because she has to deal with different situations and responsible for life and death of patient.
12. Good personality: Certain physical and mental trait that determine the some extent of individual behaviour or adjustment with surrounding. Good personality is necessary for any profession. If nurse looks well groomed, she will have strong influences upon her work and relation
13. Friendly and helpful:
A nurse must have a friendly and helpful nature or behaviour. To gain a patient’s faith, the nurse must have good relationship with the individual, society and community.
14. Empathy and Sympathy- Empathy is the feeling that you understand and share another person’s experiences and emotions : the ability to share someone else’s feelings
Empathy is the ability to recognize and to some extent share the emotion and state of mind another.
Sympathy is an expressed interest and concern regarding the problem, emotions of others.
15. Willingness and self-sacrifice- nurse should have willing to serve under any situation, a nurse has to sacrifices her time, comfort and even material benefits.
16. Observant- A good nurse is always vigilant( alert). She keeps a close and constant watch on the patients, their progress, their changes and reactions to treatment and gives the doctor timely reports.
17. Willingness and self-sacrifice- nurse should have willing to serve under any situation, a nurse has to sacrifices her time, comfort and even material benefits.
18. Observant- A good nurse is always vigilant( alert). She keeps a close and constant watch on the patients, their progress, their changes and reactions to treatment and gives the doctor timely reports.
19. Clean and pleasant appearance: should be maintained, it makes a deep sense of impression upon others as well as ownself and inside feelings.
Interest promotes desires and makes the nurse alert to perform jobs.